PEI Ultem Countersunk Flat Head Screws
Measurement System: Metric
Drive Type: Cross Recessed/Phillips
Colour: Natural/Semi Transparent
Max Temperature: 170°C/340°F
Flame Resistance: UL94 V-0
PEI Ultem Countersunk Flat Head Screws conform to the following Standards/Norms:
Countersunk flat head screws, a staple in engineering and manufacturing, play a vital role in securing components with a flush and neat finish. When these screws are crafted from PEI Ultem (Polyetherimide), they offer a unique blend of outstanding properties that enhance both their precision and performance. In this guide, we'll delve into the realm of PEI Ultem countersunk flat head screws, exploring the different grades of Ultem that make them a versatile choice across various industries.
Unveiling the Grades of Ultem PEI
PEI Ultem, a renowned high-performance thermoplastic, boasts remarkable attributes such as high-temperature resistance, mechanical robustness, and chemical durability. To cater to a spectrum of application-specific requirements, Ultem is available in diverse grades, each honed to excel in specific domains. Here's a closer look at how different Ultem PEI grades can be harnessed to customise countersunk flat head screws to your precise needs:
1. Ultem 1000 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Versatile Precision: Ultem 1000, celebrated for its exceptional balance of mechanical strength, dimensional stability, and electrical properties, serves as a versatile grade for countersunk flat head screws. These screws offer reliability and precision, making them a fitting choice for a wide range of applications.
2. Ultem 2300 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Augmented Strength: Ultem 2300, reinforced with glass fibre, bestows added stiffness and dimensional stability. It is an excellent selection for countersunk flat head screws used in applications necessitating heightened strength and rigidity. From structural components to demanding mechanical systems, Ultem 2300 screws ensure steadfast and precise fastening under pressure.
3. Ultem 4100 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Flame-Resistant Precision: Engineered with flame-retardant additives, Ultem 4100 stands as an ideal choice for countersunk flat head screws in environments where fire safety is paramount. Applications in aerospace interiors and electrical enclosures benefit from the flame resistance of Ultem 4100 screws.
4. Ultem 5000 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Chemical Resilience with Precision: Countersunk flat head screws derived from Ultem 5000 series grades are tailored for superior chemical resistance. They excel in applications where exposure to corrosive chemicals and solvents is a concern, such as chemical processing equipment, laboratory instruments, and environments demanding both precision and resistance.
5. Ultem 1010 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Regulatory Compliance and Precision: Ultem 1010 aligns with FDA requirements for food contact materials. This grade ensures not only high-temperature resistance and mechanical strength but also compliance with food safety standards. Countersunk flat head screws crafted from Ultem 1010 are indispensable in food processing and medical equipment, where precision and regulatory adherence are paramount.
6. Ultem 2200 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Precision Electrical Insulation: Ultem 2200, an unfilled, general-purpose grade, is acclaimed for its superior electrical insulating properties. Countersunk flat head screws produced from this grade find their niche in electrical and electronic applications, guaranteeing precision fastening without compromising electrical performance.
7. Ultem 6450 Countersunk Flat Head Screws:
- Transparent Precision: Ultem 6450, a transparent variant of Ultem PEI, is cherished for its clarity, high-temperature resistance, and mechanical prowess. Countersunk flat head screws made from Ultem 6450 shine in applications that necessitate transparency and heat resistance. They are found in sight glasses, lighting components, medical devices, and other scenarios where precision and aesthetics unite.
Ultem PEI Countersunk Flat Head Screws in Action
Countersunk flat head screws constructed from various Ultem PEI grades are crucial components in diverse industries. They offer precision, performance, and adaptability to meet specific application requirements. Here are real-world examples of how these screws are applied:
Electronics and Electrical: Ultem 2200 countersunk flat head screws are instrumental in electronics and electrical applications. They provide precise fastening while preserving electrical insulation, ensuring the reliability and safety of electrical components and assemblies.
Aerospace Industry: Countersunk flat head screws crafted from Ultem 2300 and Ultem 4100 are favoured in the aerospace sector. They are integral in assembling aircraft components, delivering both precision and flame resistance to uphold the structural integrity and safety of aerospace systems.
Chemical Processing: Ultem 5000 series countersunk flat head screws excel in chemical processing equipment. They provide precise fastening in environments where exposure to corrosive chemicals and solvents is common, ensuring both precision and durability.
Medical Equipment: Countersunk flat head screws made from Ultem 1010 are vital in medical equipment. Their FDA compliance guarantees precise fastening in medical devices and instruments, where precision and regulatory adherence are essential.
Transparent Applications: Ultem 6450 countersunk flat head screws find their place in applications requiring transparency and heat resistance, such as medical devices, sight glasses, and lighting components, ensuring both precision and aesthetics.
In conclusion, PEI Ultem countersunk flat head screws combine precision, performance, and adaptability to cater to a myriad of fastening needs. With various Ultem PEI grades tailored to specific demands, they offer a flush and visually appealing finish while ensuring reliability and precision across different industries. Whether you require high-temperature resistance, chemical resilience, flame resistance, or compliance with regulatory standards, there's an Ultem PEI countersunk flat head screw grade perfectly suited to your distinct requirements. Embrace the precision and performance of Ultem PEI countersunk flat head screws for your critical fastening applications and experience the advantages of this exceptional thermoplastic firsthand.
The PEI/Ultem data sheet is available as a PDF to download below.
Return components within 90 days for a full refund. Please see returns terms and conditions for further information.
|Countersunk/Flathead Screw Dimension Table (ISO 7046/DIN 965)
|Head Diameter (mm)
Dimensions for PEI Ultem Countersunk Flat Head Screws in all available sizes are shown according to the product drawing above.
PEI/Ultem Key Properties
Why Choose High Performance Polymer?
50,000+ Fasteners In stock
No long lead times. We have a large range of PEEK fasteners available for express delivery (Dispatched the same day if ordered before 3PM Monday-Thursday).
Fasteners not available for express delivery will display the expected delivery date above the 'add to cart' button.
Manufacturer Direct Distributor
We are a manufacturer direct distributor, this allows us to ensure highly competitive prices and keep our shelves stocked. All of our products are manufactured to the highest standards and exhibit exceptional characteristics.
Certified through Quality Veritas. High Performance Polymer conforms to the ISO9001 quality management system. Certificates available on request.
We provide full material traceability and can provide certification confirming material data and batch number, which can be traced back to the manufacturer.
Certificate Of Conformity
We also provide a certificate of conformity on request, confirming the product manufacturing standard and material.